So my birthday isn’t until October. But that doesn’t stop me from thinking about it. I don’t really don’t do birthday presents anymore. However, the BF will usually get me something, even though we’re not big on presents. For the most part, after the age of 21, my birthdays have been pretty chill, consisting of a lovely dinner and drinks with family and friends.
I’m turning 26 this year and while it’s a little embarrassing to say this, I’ll still say it – I love getting those little birthday freebies from stores and restaurants. While I haven’t tried it, I’m sure you can practically eat for free on your birthday just from using up birthday offers restaurants provide. My friend recently asked me if I wanted to walk with her to Baskin Robins to redeem her birthday freebie and my initial though was “Wait, Baskin Robbins offers birthday freebies!?”, followed by “free ice cream!?!”.
I’ve been compiling a list of what I think are the best birthday deals and freebies. Enjoy and happy birthday to you (some time within the next year!):
- Starbucks - I frequent Starbucks way too much, it’s no secret. If you sign up for an account and enter your birthday, you’ll get a free drink on your birthday, any drink (yep, think venti caramel frappucino big!)
- Sephora - I don’t shop at Sephora too much since it can get expensive pretty quick. But when I do shop, I try to do it around my birthday. If you sign up for a Beauty Insider account, you’ll get a nice collection of deluxe samples.
- Baskin Robbins – Just recently learned about this but it’s awesome. Sign up for their emails and get a free ice cream on your birthday.
- Cold Stone Creamery – One free ice cream is never enough. Sign up for their eClub and get a free ice cream on your birthday.
- IHOP – The first time I had IHOP was in college and I was so excited they opened on in NYC. Sign up for emails and you’ll get a free Rooty Tooty Fresh N Fruity on your birthday (or in other words, a really awesome breakfast).
- Jamba Juice – I love Jamba Juice and while you can’t get anything free on your birthday, you can get a sixteen oz. smoothie for $2.
- CVS – Sign up for their extracare beauty rewards program and you’ll get $3 off any purchase on your birthday.
- Applebee’s – I use to be obsessed with Applebee’s, who knows why… But if you still frequent the chain, you can get a free desert shooter on your birthday.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill – I think this is one of the best freebies because you can get an entire entree for free, including chips and salsa.
- Medieval Times – I’ve been here twice. Once when I was 10 and another time just 2 months ago – still a great time no matter how old you are. On your birthday, you can get free admission.
There are a lot more awesome freebies and deals to be had on your birthday but unfortunately, those chains aren’t in NYC so I can’t test them out. If you know of any others, let me know in the comments!