I can’t believe we’re heading into the last month of 2013. November was an amazing month and having a long holiday weekend to end it was just what I needed. Thanksgiving was lovely, as always, and filled with family, fun, and little bit of shopping (just a little!).
I started exploring ways to make extra income in September. I never really expected to make much or for it to go anywhere. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I made just under $400 in October, which I was already really happy with. November turned out to be a much better month though. This past month, I made a total of $785 in extra income. This is mostly made up of freelance writing. I also did an online focus group, which I made $75 from. I don’t really expect December to be better because of the holidays but I’m hoping to at least match what I did in November.
The BF and I are starting to plan our “big” trip of 2014. We try to have at least one big vacation every year. This year, we’re thinking Asia – a few places we’d really like to go to are Taiwan, Hong Kong. and Tokyo. We’re not sure exactly how many cities we’re going to be able to visit and we’re a little restricted by time since it’s not reasonable for him to take more than 2-3 weeks off work. Have you ever visited Asia? I would love to hear about it!
I’d really like to get more serious about this blog as I head into 2014. I really love keeping a blog but I’ve been slacking off lately and not posting as consistently as I use to. That’s partially because I’ve had more freelancing work and I haven’t yet figured out how to have a good balance. In the past, I had a tendency to just throw posts up that weren’t so great. I’m trying to do less of that and focus more on content. I also haven’t changed my site design since I first started and it’s looking kind of stale. I’ve been thinking about hiring someone to do a full redesign. Any suggestions?
I’m always so bad with reaching my goals every month but I’m going to try to end 2013 strong…
- Work out 2-3 times a week – I’ve been doing the Couch to 5K app and surprisingly, it isn’t as painful as I thought it would be!
- Make $800 in Extra Income – I hope to make somewhere close to what I made in November
- Cook dinner 5 days a week – I use to order in 4-5 days a week so this is a large improvement for me.
- Begin planning our 2014 vacation – we need to figure out destinations and timing.
- Spend time with family and friends – I have a whole week off for the holidays so I’m hoping to catch up with as many people as possible.
How was your November? What are you goals for December?